Saturday, May 28, 2011

Chicken Scallopini & Broccoli Sunshine Salad

Here was a dinner that hit a home-run! I was expecting it to be just a simple dinner, another recipe to try but it was so delicious, we'll be sure to make it again soon.  I have been finding more and more that the recipes that taste the best are the ones with the simplest ingredients.  Plus, this Scallopini calls for lemon juice and it's one of my favorite flavors anyway! You may not know that Scallopini actually describes the type of meat you are using for the recipe, in this case I used chicken, not veal.  I have a hard time eating large amounts of veal and I usually reserve it for when I make bolognese sauce only.


Now, for the second treat of this meal. The Broccoli Sunshine Salad was so delicious!  So quick too, the broccoli is raw [my favorite way to eat broccoli] and the red onion mixed with lemon is just bright and wonderful.  Here's the thing with salads like this, they only get better the longer it's in the fridge allowing the flavors to mesh.  Don't be afraid to use this for a leftover or make it a day ahead of a BBQ or get-together.
This was a perfect spring/summer meal. Lite, quick and full of flavor! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment