Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Baby Shower Cupcakes+

It's possible we're going to do a lot of posts on cupcakes.  Cupcakes are one of my favorite things to bake and share.  They just make people smile...mini pieces of cake with a mound of frosting, you're smiling already! 
How happy are these? A friend of mine is having a little girl soon and I attended her Baby Shower armed with these.  Simple, tasty and perfect for a new little lass.  The cake is a simple butter cake, similar to a pound cake just not quite as dense.  The frosting is my own recipe so until the cookbook comes out, you're out of luck my friends.  I will tell you, it's delicious. 
I used Wilton brand piping bag - not disposable - I do intend to get a larger set of bags, the size I bought just doesn't hold enough frosting for large jobs like this one.  I spend a lot of my time re-filling my piping bag.  For the tip I use Ateco brand tip, #22 that I bought here.  The design is easy once you have the correct tip, a simple circle swirl with and little extra "pouf" at the end to create the peak.  
For the color, I only use Spectrum brand, gel food colors [the color above is "Soft Pink"].  They are the best, also bought here! They won't water down your icing or give it a fake, yucky taste and a little bit goes a long way.  Start small with this brand, you can always add more.  For this pink, I added just a drop and it was enough to make the prettiest pink.  
Here are some more of my cupcake creations if you've missed a post:
Christmas 2010 - Butter cake & Ali's frosting
Christmas 2010 - Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes
February 2011 - Butter cake & Ali's frosting
From post: Sweet Sixteen
March 2011 - Elmo cupcakes
From post: Cupcakes
March 2011 - Chocolate Whiskey Cupcakes
From post: Cupcakes




No comments:

Post a Comment