Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cabot Cheese

Lactose free? I'm not so sure. Either that or I'm actually allergic to more than just lactose. Now I know that my test came back normal but goodness gracious, I just can't handle the dairy. Or a large amount in one day? A week?

Even though my test came back normal the Doc said I probably just have a mild allergy. I don't see how that can be when I'm so sensitive! Another theory correlates with my timeline dealing with Mexico and possibly a little bacteria infection from that trip...who knows.
I can't seem to find anything on Cabot's website about 0g of Lactose per serving...but on their white, extra sharp cheddar that's what it says!

The ingredients list:
  • Pasteurized milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes, annatto (if colored) 
...and usually it has some sort of Lactose free, 0g of lactose per serving...nothing!
I'll have to take a picture of the packaging I have so you won't think I'm totally insane, just making stuff up.

So far, adding a little dairy hasn't been so bad. I've put some shredded cheese on my chicken tortilla soup and veggie burritos - been mostly okay. I think it's time to build back up my tolerance, not sure if I'll ever be able to have a tall glass of milk and cookies but I'll deal.

I've added a slice of cheese or two to my sandwich, had some cream in my coffee and unfortunately it hasn't worked out so well. It took forever to get an appointment with a dietician but luckily on Tuesday I have one! Off to have some strawberries, yogurt and granola! No strawberries and cream for this lady.

...this is life on earth, you just can't have everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment