Friday, March 26, 2010

Poked and prodded, Moo goes the cow...

Well something like that.
For now, I'm finished with having blood taken, pictures taken and barium swallowing - awful stuff. Time for the Dr.'s to do their suggesting, head scratching and coffee break taking.

I'm actually quite optimistic about everything. There's nothing to get upset about - I'm actually getting used to non-dairy. After the test came back normal I thought that maybe it was all in my head and I could have a slice of cheese and a mountain size glass of milk if I thought, "dairy loves me." Nope. I actually did take it a little slower than that - except for the glass of milk part...my culinary husband made homemade spaghetti sauce, nothing goes better with spaghetti and meat sauce than a nice tall glass of milk. Seriously, I'm not 14 just allergic to wine.

It was suggested that maybe I see a Nutritionist about getting the proper calcium intake without milk - which according to one of my books is mandatory for women. Not only do you have to take calcium you need several other minerals & vitamins to make it effective. Yeehaw. I see a lot of broccoli in my future.

Either way, we are still in the throws of Lent and it's meatless Friday! Rather, Fiesta Friday! We enjoy vegetarian burritos with all the fixins! Every color peppers sautéed in my famous taco sauce, homemade guacamole, rice with cilantro and lime, beans, corn, green chilis, salsa, you name it we pack it into a burrito - including some lactose free cheddar cheese from Cabot (I am still on the fence about this product and it's actual ability print on their labeling: "Contains 0g of lactose per serving" but we shall see. Off to set the stage for Fiesta Friday, good thing I'm not allergic to margaritas, now that would be cruel.

But this is life on earth, you just can't have everything.

1 comment:

  1. this is not a good. i am fasting for blood work up and all i can think of are veggie burritos.

    Rice with cilantro and lime perfect accent piece to the burritos or by themselves. Add the homemade guac and i don't even miss sour cream anymore.

    ReplyDelete