Friday, March 19, 2010

Coconut revisited

Oskri Coconut Bars. What a wonderful, albeit fattening, treat. I was browsing through my local natural food market when I found these: 

I of course checked out their  website and it is filled with all kinds of great products. Take a look and see if you find anything useful to you.


I have tried (and loved) original coconut, mango, cherry and almond. I am looking to try strawberry and looking to avoid pineapple - normally I love pineapple but I couldn't get past the chunks of pineapple in the coconut. Each bar is made up of coconut shavings and rice syrup. Not the most waist trimming product out there, but they are meant for people on a vegan diet usually desperate for a little fat in their diet. It's great for an on-the-go lunch or decadent dessert. Certainly not something you want to eat everyday - obvious fat reasons but also the price is a little steep. But sooo good!


I highly recommend them to my vegan, dairy-free and coconut loving friends.
Wouldn't it be great to combine the almond with chocolate pieces...


But this is life on earth, you just can't have everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment