Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mmmm, Dinner

Last meal of the day...this time, Shredded Chicken Tacos! Since about noon I've had 3 large chicken breasts stewing away in our crock-pot on low in spices, 1 cup of water and 1 can of diced tomatoes. After about 4 hours the chicken will easily shred using two forks to pull the meat apart. Before serving I squeezed some fresh lemon juice over the meat and mixed. 
Two tacos were plenty! Small flour tortillas with salsa jack cheese, mango salsa, shredded chicken, rice, lettuce, corn, two small dollops of vegetarian refried beans and one dollop of lite sour cream. It was such a delicious dinner and stayed in our taco theme of the past two days! It'll be lite for dessert, I think my peppermint hot chocolate! 

2 comments:

  1. vegetarian refried beans? I thought beans were vegetables (legumes)....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has to do with the type of fat it's prepared with...regular have lard in them (animal fat).

    ReplyDelete