Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Perfect Breakfast

Good morning everyone! I just had yet another wonderful workout on this super snowy day and followed it up with an absolutely delicious breakfast. It's been difficult to get over the hump of working out for more than 2-3 days a week...honestly, I just don't want to work out. However, I need to workout. Either way, focus on the positive, I did it! As my sister-in-law would remind me, "you'll be happy you did." Look at that, she's right!
Source: Personal library
So, breakfast! English muffin, one egg (sunny-side-up) and a slice of plain goat cheese. Next in line is a teenie-tiny serving of a cereal/granola combination - we have that disease where it's impossible to finish an entire box of cereal without leaving about 1/4 cup at the bottom to just sit there... Therefore, our cereal/granola combination consists of: 70% store brand plain granola, 20% kashi heart to heart cereal,  5% honey bunches of oats and 5% plain corn flakes. It's actually quite delicious! I paired this with fresh sliced strawberries and 3 small spoonfuls of 99%FF yoplait strawberry yogurt. If your bananas are ripe, throw half or a whole in the mix, for me, I usually eat my banana before my workout or I'll pass out. One last thing: a small glass of orange juice. Good right? Just make better decisions and try not to focus on the scale. I haven't stepped on one in weeks but my pants fit better, that's motivation enough for me. I plan to keep myself honest today so see you all at lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment