Monday, January 31, 2011

Orange Chocolate Scones, yum!


Here they are! The famous Decadent Orange Chocolate (mini) Scones with an Orange Glaze. I had an absolutely wonderful Bridal Shower a few years ago that my sister planned and brilliantly executed. As made obvious by previous posts, we love to cook here at Chateau Snow. I had a beautiful kitchen shower complete with crock-pots, cookbooks, gadgets and gizmos a plenty. My favorite gift of the afternoon was The Lovebirds Cookbook. All the guests brought a favorite recipe to share and place in a binder to give me! It was so special and we have been working on the recipes here and there - savoring the surprise if you will. When I came across the scone recipe I was tickled pink! It was supplied by an Aunt of mine - whom I love dearly - and the whole recipe was an inspired Victorian masterpiece. So girly, delicate, thoughtful and delicious! The real surprise is that the scones are moist, fluffy but still hold to their true "biscuit" nature. I have made them for church functions, fundraisers and simply personal enjoyment and they are delicious every time! Dramatic you say? You should taste these scones and you would completely understand. Sadly, being a part of my family recipes and all, I won't dare divulge the ingredients or recipe. Simply take in the photo and find a recipe of your own. Sorry folks, this one's just because they're so delicious, I had to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment