Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Well...

...as my mother would say, "It's a deep hole."  I can't think of a better time to start writing [in/for/on] my blog again. It is the start of a new year and instead of boring you with New Years Resolutions - which I don't make - we can rather get down to the issues surrounding my current projects:

T-shirt quilt(s) - I have no idea how to make a quilt, so this is probably going to be more known as the Blanket Project(s). I have made several memory blankets but none that required actual measuring, stitching and all things pins & needles. I'm a creative sort but with slight OCD tendencies to make things square...we'll see how it goes. Today I sorted all the T-shirts, cut a few logos out (with plenty of room for hems) and plan to attack this sometime after I get an instructional book and/or pattern. I really like that particular site because it uses the shape of your logos/t-shirts rather than forcing your shirts to fit a 12x12 square.

Serious amounts of scrap booking - Sometimes it just doesn't make sense to continue with the act of spending more time putting pub coasters and concert tickets next to photos than actually taking them. So, instead I am going to wrap up the scrap booking [SB] left from college & my wedding & honeymoon and let iPhoto take car of everything else. Although, I did start a book for Las Vegas and will probably continue to SB for large vacations with plenty of SB loot ready for the taking from the local hotels, restaurants and general touristy spots. Here's a scary thought: I hope I spend more time taking in my vacations than looking for things to remember them by...

These are really just projects to continue while I look for that dream job, re-paint our apartment, organize grad school applications [just organize for now], do the laundry and practice my dusty instruments (voice included). How often will I work on the above instead of the pressing? Depends on how many cups of coffee and Bob Harper I kick back before 7am.

No comments:

Post a Comment