Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What's Black, White and Red all over?

Source: personal library
We had (have) a bright red office. We're talking cherry, fire engine, get mad every time you walk in the room red. Two years ago - much like right now - I was dying for projects related to design (having recently graduated with a degree in Interior Design, this was completely natural). Choosing red, really dumb and unnatural. I was so ready to dive into a project with the sweet husband - newly married and an apartment to ourselves - I chose some pretty crazy colors for the house. I thought it would be a bold, exciting statement for our second bedroom/office. So wrong. We've been living with the room set-up and color because re-painting is a pain, I had to admit to the mistake in color choice in order to move on :p, aaaand extra costs. Also, the lack of time we had to organize our compiled papers, projects, music/musical instruments the room was a mess.
Not anymore! I need a place to work and as an organizational extremist I just couldn't ignore it anymore. 
Source: personal library
The current blazen color is beautiful but considering the lack of natural light and shape of the room it just made you feel closed in. Over the weekend we primed the walls with a heavy duty interior wall and trim white. It's heavier than a primer and quickly covered the crazy red. The samples I put on the wall were seamless and totally covered the previous coats. Now we have to decide which color(s) to go with! Stay tuned to find out what color we chose and the completed project! I'm also thinking of adding some painted details to various corners/wall sections...we'll see if I can hone the once art student in me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment