Monday, January 24, 2011

Keurig

Source: personal library
Yep. We did it. We caved and bought ourselves a Keurig (from this point on referred to as 'K' I think the spelling is weird). I was completely skeptical at first and entirely un-interested in putting another appliance in our kitchen. Oh yes, especially since we already have/had a one cup coffee maker, french press AND a very nice Cuisinart 12-cup, programmable coffee maker.
The husband has this thing with the search for the next great cup of coffee...we usually find it at our local Dunkin Donuts but not in our kitchen. We've tried everything: filtered water, unfiltered water, less grinds, more grinds, freshly ground grinds, bolder coffee, flavored coffee (huge mistake), more sugar, less sugar. Terrible. We stink at making coffee. We also found that if we did the same exact thing every morning sometimes we got a great cup of coffee and sometimes it tasted like gopher pee. It was becoming a regular thing to get up and drive to Dunkin (not me mind you) and get a cup of coffee. I was getting really tired of that (and our gift cards from Christmas ran out). So! On a Sunday afternoon we were browsing through our local 'get everything here' store and somehow the K found it's way into our cart. VoilĂ ! Delicious cup of coffee for the past week. 
Today I am sampling some English Breakfast Tea...not so good. Extremely weak. I prefer my tea to sit a steep for a decent amount of time before consuming. Considering my upbringing and heritage this could only be my preference/problem. I've also had hot chocolate with the K and ick, mine is way better.  Considering it's many functions, coffee seems the best so far. Which brings me back to my slogan from the dairy-free blogging days: This is life on earth, you just can't have everything. 

3 comments:

  1. Moo-
    It's not that you just can't have everything, it's may be that one thing is just not meant to do it all, perfectly. Think about it, in order to do a really good job in one area, you sacrifice the effort in others. Be glad that you have finally found a consistant cup o' joe in the kitchen and enjoy the hypnotic sensory activity of plunking your tea bag to get the last few drops...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the K with out a K-cup to get the hot water and put a tea bag in :-) makes heating the water quicker and it's not so hot you can't drink it right away :-) I do the same with my hot cocoa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know! Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete