Monday, February 21, 2011

Ready. Set. Publish!

A business of mine has been growing since 2009...I didn't start pushing my ideas forward until I was consistently asked to provide my artistic services for various events, moments and publishing.  Well, not to mention the overwhelming need to fund one's own future once temporary jobs come and go.  You have to love what you do. You just have to. If you wake up every morning and can't stand going to your current job, just do something about it. So I did. I've been researching Master degrees in everything from Interior Design to Psychology - all the while continuing to look for art classes to feed the need to create. I am still on the hunt for a Metals and Jewelry class (despite the terrible smell of a pickle pot). I think I've narrowed down the best approach for my current working life and have armed myself with the world's most delicious cupcakes, a stellar new camera that is still surprising me with functions and the overwhelming need to create. There is something so beautiful about creating things that are indeed pretty. Ever since my plunge into Art History this has been my favorite quote:


“For me, a picture should be a pleasant thing, joyful and pretty! There are quite enough unpleasant things in life without need for us to manufacture more." Renoir


There is my goal...pleasant things in my work. Of course, as a former art student, I can appreciate the gritty, emotional and messy part about art. For me, it's all about the joyful and pretty.
Source: alicerichessnow.com 

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, apple blossoms. I can hardly wait for spring this year!

    ReplyDelete