Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's finally here! Part II of "What's Black, White & Red All Over?"

It's finished! Well actually it's been finished for a while but I finally got a chance to get some photos of the space.  Since I re-organized, re-painted, and re, well-everything...I'm in here just as much as the kitchen.  I'm finally able to use it for scrap booking, paperwork, rehearsing, etc. I'm thrilled to have the room completed.  As you might remember, the room was RED! and just didn't fit.  So we chose, yellow! 
BEFORE!
AFTER
I scaled down the items on the shelving and finally got our degrees up on the wall.  
I managed to finally add a little drawing of my own to each wall to play on the branches motif in the remainder of the apartment; plus some Lovebirds sitting happily on the branch, even a little Millie :)


Behind the curtain is an incredibly small closet space that I placed a chest of drawers and several tuperwares to house office supplies, scrap booking and sewing materials.
The space is no longer a dumping ground for papers and any other items that never seem to have a home in our apartment.  Those items I either donated, recycled or threw out!  Enough with the clutter.  The space is open, the color makes a huge difference in how it feels and we don't dread using the space to pay bills...it helps that the color of the walls are no longer red, I don't think it was good for our marriage. 
It's not a picture perfect space, but this is what the room looks like on a regular basis.  I'm all for setting a room for pictures but I think it's important to show that I live in my home, not tip-toe around it.  I'll get fancy with the pictures of food, fair enough?

2 comments:

  1. The changes look great. Decluttering the space frees the mind.

    Out of curiosity, is the stencil an applique or did you free paint? Just wondering because it looks great either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's wonderful!
    I drew the branch pattern on a large piece of paper and stenciled it on the wall. The birds are half-drawn, half-stenciled - I used a photo I found online :)

    ReplyDelete