Sunday, May 15, 2011

Arugula & Broccoli Pizza, "Green Pizza"

Yum right?  We're sticking fairly vegetarian after the success we had during Lent.  We both love how much better we feel and it's so expensive to fill our grocery bill with meat...not to mention the positive environmental impact of leaving it out.  I was listening to NHPR when they mentioned that a family of 5 could make a difference by only skipping meat ONE TIME A WEEK.  Try it, many meat meals are easily replaced with veggies.  Anyway! The Sweet Husband [SH] really loves to make this meal, he found it online when I put him in charge of dinner for an entire week.  Here's the screen shot of the recipe:


I have no idea where he got it or what the name is, we just call it Green Pizza.  I use the pesto that I make for the Mozzarrella-Pesto Strata recipe or really any recipe that calls for pesto. It's also here online
Use whole-wheat dough and always bake your dough before adding the toppings. Light golden brown will do the trick.  Follow the rest of the recipe for the best results with the vegetables. 
Spread the vegetables evenly across the dough, sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and bake according to directions. 
We had some leftover dough so the SH had a great idea to make Garlic Knots.  Here's a recipe that I found just so I was sure of the cook time.  I literally rolled out the extra pieces of dough and tied them into a knot.  Be gentle with the dough, it will rip if you pull too tight on the knot.  Bake and then shake in a paper bag with olive oil, garlic and cheese.  
It was a starchy evening, but it was filled equally with veggies so I'm not feeling too guilty about it.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment