Friday, April 8, 2011

Easy, Fast, Out the door!

Beer-Cheese Soup sprinkled with a little paprika
Last night's meal was quick and simple.  Perfect for the sweet husband considering it's high beer & cheese content.  I made Beer-Cheese Soup [not the same recipe in my book but very close] with a side of broccoli for SH.  
I enjoyed a Mediterranean Veggie sandwich [on my favi bread Tomato-Basil] with a dear friend at Panera.  I almost forgot my Veggie-Monster ways and ordered the Sierra Turkey, which is my usual at Panera, but thank goodness for the longer line or I would've been picking off turkey and munching on asiago cheese focaccia with lettuce.  Oh, Asiago cheese focaccia, another good carb at Panera.  Which reminds me of a funny anecdote an old roommate and I had in college about Panera and their underlying need to push carbs on their customers, going so far as to scrape up all the crumbs to sprinkle over your meal because the baguette, bread bowl and chips weren't enough.  Oh alright, you had to be there, but it had us in stitches. 
Either way, my sandwich and iced green tea was delicious it might just replace the Sierra Turkey!


Tonight: Homemade Pad Thai with Shrimp

No comments:

Post a Comment