Friday, April 8, 2011

Gehry

Frank Gehry has always been one of my favorite architects/artists.  I love, love, love his collection at Tiffany's and he's proven himself time and time again over the past, what? 30, 40 years? Came across this and thought I should share.  A blog on something other than cooking? Come on now, it may be my first love, but it's not my only:
Really love the formal lines of this project.  So many of his creations are bulbous in form (sleek mind you, but round) and this has such a Chrysler Building [another favi Manhattan building] quality but sticks straight up into the sky of NYC and boldly carves an irregular box shape, his signature sculptural quality, into the landscape.  Props to the jagged edges of the building's facade Gehry, way to keep it going, keep it fresh.  
It reminds me of another building of his I saw in person in Prague, Fred & Ginger, and the attention to detail on the outside of the building. Lovely. 


In regards to this new project, a bay window up that high? I can't imagine the immense view but I can already feel my knees shake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment