Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Basil

Okay, so we use a lot of basil and I mentioned before that I use Olivia's Garden Basil and the best way to store the basil = upright, roots in water and in cool spot. Until it's the right time of year to grow our own, this is where we get our basil from. Here it is:
I usually use a vase but I repurposed that to hold my favorite kitchen utensils on the stovetop. This is a pitcher that has plenty of space in the bottom but a wide top - which is good to keep from squishing the basil. 
The rocks are from one of our favorite beaches up here and hold up the base of the basil and keep the bottom 2" from getting all moldy. 
Also pictured: HerbPro scissors, which also come with a container at some locations, that are great for cutting up herbs. Be careful, they are SUPER sharp. I use them all the time! 
We're out of basil recipes for the week so I intend to make some pesto sauce, yum!  

No comments:

Post a Comment