Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stuffed Mexi-Shells with Veggies

Okay, we've been neglecting our vegetarian blogging but not much to report. We feasted on some pesto pasta, steamed artichokes with mayo, avocado salad, eh. One night I made a large salad for the sweet husband [which he throughly enjoyed] but resorted to cereal for myself. It's been a long week of Spring cleaning and all things related. Nothing really blew my socks off this past week. Until! Mexi Shells recipe from my BC Cookbook. It called for ground beef but I used chopped red, orange and yellow peppers. This recipe called for 2 jars of salsa, but the one on my cookbook called for 32oz of tomato sauce, 2 tbsp of flour, 1 tbsp of chili powder all mixed together. Go with your gut, but the tomato sauce was excellent.


So delicious! Really inexpensive as well, considering I made a 13x9 and a 8x8 from all the ingredients. I also added vegetarian refried beans in the bottom of each jumbo shell before I piled in the veggies.
I also used slices of deli mozzarella cheese because it was on sale this week! It really covered the whole dish, but if you want to minimize the amount of cheese, simply use the shredded and sprinkle over each shell. 
This dish was a big hit at home and with my friend who recently moved into a new apartment. Not to mention the next day leftovers were just as delicious! Enjoy!

Tonight: Pesto-Parm Grilled Cheese with Salad

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah these looked and smelled AMAZING!!!! But our hungry friend didn't share!! LOL!! She shared brussel sprouts with me today- lucky me :) (they were pretty good...) I think I am going to try this one. Miss you <3

    ReplyDelete