Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Veggie-Bean Burgers...but not really

I won't even bother finding the recipe for you, trust me it's not necessary.  I have found that no matter what, veggie/bean burgers always tend to end up mushy and/or oily. Even though this recipe was filled with yummy ingredients:
mushrooms, red pepper, garbanzo beans, broccoli, fillings a plenty. 
Veggie-Bean Burgers, before they were inedible.
They formed into patties okay but once they hit the pan: trouble. Too much oil, not enough...meat? I couldn't flip them without them falling apart, ick. We quickly decided that it was Tuna Melt Night.
Veggie-Bean Burgers fail! Tuna Melt, winner (couldn't resist).
Thank goodness, because there was no way I could put "ick" between slices of a perfectly good sesame bun. 
Tuna Salad with tomatoes & butter lettuce, Cape Cod Chips and pasta salad


No comments:

Post a Comment