Saturday, April 30, 2011

Angel Hair Alfredo with Zucchini

I'm still working on getting my Alfredo sauce perfect...I've tried other people's recipes, cookbook recipes, online recipes and so far nothing comes close to Frank's Alfredo sauce.  This meal was good but it was way too much butter, even for me.  Eventually I'll figure out the right combination of milk/cream, butter and cheese.  Honestly, I don't work on it that often because it has to be one of the worst things for you, right up there with bacon, butter, heavy cream and anything fried.  Even with the abundance of butter, the lack of cream in this recipe made it slightly lighter than usual [or anything you'd fine in a jar at your local grocery store, please don't buy this].  I have to admit, I don't think I timed the mixing of ingredients and melting, etc. Oops.
For a little veggie effect, I sauteed thinly sliced zucchini until brown on either side. Eh. These didn't blow my socks off, next time I'll try something else. For a decadent sounding meal, this was sub-par.  When my arteries recover from this attempt I'll try again, look for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment