Tuesday, April 5, 2011

White Chili

Mmmmm! Yet again another perfect day to have a hearty soup with italian toast. Rainy, cold, dark, ick. This recipe was in my Betty Crocker Bridal Cookbook [BCBC] and I couldn't find the exact recipe on the BC website but I did find this.
It called for 2 cups of chicken and I just left it out - trust me, it doesn't need it. It also called for chicken broth but I used Nature's Place Veggie Broth. I added shredded carrots halfway through cooking the onions to give the soup a little more substance without the chicken. 
I never like the smell of stewing beans...I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out. Guess what? Delicious! A little sharp cheddar and sour cream doesn't hurt...if you have avocado, throw it on!
This soup is filling and for all my friends that can't handle an overabundance of tomato [acidic foods] it's a good choice. Enjoy!


Tonight: Veggie-Bean Burgers, we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment