Friday, June 3, 2011

The Sandwich Series: "Divine" Vegan Burgers

I know, from Bacon to Vegan? As a foodie and culinary artist, I just can't discriminate.  So here it is, the Sweet Husband and I were doing our regular grocery shopping when we came across a food demo for Divine Burgers.  The SH is not one to pass up free food...it's like a field trip when we visit Costco/BJs... But, I have to say they smelled delicious and I was so surprised at the label:
Check that out! About a year ago I would have lived on these.  Now, I have no other reason other than the fact that SH and I going back to meat only once a week.  They aren't super cheap, for only [4] patties you'll probably spend about $7.99.  You can find them in the freezer section, most likely with the other health, allergy conscious foods.  
I baked these in our small toaster oven - all four - and kept the sandwich construction minimal.  These Vegan Burgers absolutely stand on their own.  They have a little mexican feel to them so they are recognizable to your taste buds.  Think about serving them to your kids, make it a Mexican Fiesta, skip the ground beef and go with these, they may have no idea you're sneaking healthy between their favorite bread.  If you remember, we had a less than desirable experience with making our own bean burgers...ick, I shudder to think about the experience.  Well, let me tell you, $7.99 is okay for me, I'm sure I'll learn how to make a better bean burger, but for now these will certainly do! 
If you prefer to go check this burger out before you buy it, head over to Divine Cafe in NH.  
They are so filling, in a good way, you won't walk away stripped of flavor, substance or nutrition.
The burgers have a sliced tomato or two, organic butter lettuce, freshly baked bread, and a little mayo, no cheese here! Another sandwich that just doesn't need it! We paired our sandwiches up with some homemade guacamole and chips we hand on hand.  It was a "California" afternoon - made me think of Ellen! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment