Saturday, November 12, 2011

Honey, I shrunk the cupcakes...

Mini-cupcakes, absolutely one of my favorite things.  I've been working on fairly decadent cupcakes recently and I find that it might be best for all involved if I make them smaller.  Plus, they are just so much cuter!
Because I had been going a little crazy with the cupcake baking - and I don't like to waste anything - I had some extra Raspberry Triple Cream Frosting, enough ingredients to make Lemon Drop Frosting, and an extreme need to figure out how to make Orange Chocolate Frosting after making a batch of the Orange Chocolate Scones.

Once again I used cream cheese as my base for this frosting.  I wasn't sure at first but it provided a nice tang and compliment to the orange flavor.  Simply a combination of powdered sugar, dutch cocoa (I prefer Ghirardelli), butter, cream cheese, milk & orange juice.
Chocolate sprinkles add a nice touch and texture to these cupcakes!

I changed the Lemon Drop frosting a bit and added lemon zest to enhance the lemon flavor!  These cupcakes were a last minute treat for a girls night in...basically, a baking friend is a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment